- Event Organisation
- Panel Discussions
- Sponsorship and Mentorship
2018 - Present
- Director and Co-Founder of DDD East Midlands.
2015 - 2017
- Founder and organiser of the Women In Tech, Nottingham.
Agenda And Organisation Committees
The below lists organisations that I have joined committees for, either for agenda selection or other organisational needs.
2019 - Present
- NDC London Agenda Committee
Individual Event Organisation
The below list one off events I have organised
2016 & 2017
Hackathon Team Organisation
Organised for members from Women In Tech Nottingham to take part in the local hackathon Hack24.
Hidden Figures Screening
to celebrate International Women’s Day and raise money for Code Club East Midlands (2016).
See my Notist Profile for more talk information
Controlling Wildfires While Only Getting Singed.
Title to Be Confirmed.
Introducing a Culture of Monitoring
The Future is Cross-functional
- New Adventures Conference
How to Talk Really, Really Good,
- Digital Lincoln
- Notts IoT
- Women In Tech Nottingham
- HACKSOC - University Of Nottingham
- Dot Net Notts
- Derbyshire Dot Net
A Practical Guide To Dashboarding
- NDC Porto
- NDC Copenhagen
- NDC London
Creating & Maintaining Impactful Dashboards
Who needs Dashboards?
Be A Great Engineer
- Women In STEM for International Women’s Day Trent Uni
- Lincs Tech Week - The Future of Technology
2018 - Present
Supporting Second Year Projects for The University of Nottingham At UNiDAYS in 2018 I project managed two second-year projects for The University Of Nottingham. This involved coming up with the projects, coordinating with the university, organising workshops, managing the mentors of the project, making sure the work was on track and that both the company and students were getting the most out of the experience.
I am now (2019) assisting on running the same initiative with my employer, Experian.
Q&A Sessions & advocacy for School Of Code School Of Code has been running for two years now (2019) and for both cohorts of students I have ran an “untweetable truth” Q&A session. I am a huge supporter of this initiative and am very vocal about it on all social media.
2017 - 2018
- Careers Fairs at Local Secondary Schools I have ran stalls at a couple of careers fairs promoting the local tech community and jobs to secondary school students.
2019 - Present
- .NET Foundation Action Groups
- Speaker Bureau and Meetups
Sponsorship and Mentorship
For events that I have been invited to speak at but have not been able to attend, I have sponsored other female speakers and mentored them through their first talks.
You got me my first talk and coached me through writing it and all the extras that speaking involves 🙏— Ashley Smith 🦊🌻 (@TuffersTests) July 16, 2019
- CODEFIRST:Girls Ones To Watch 2018
- Winner of the Rising Star Category Women In IT Awards 2018
- Shortlisted for the WeAreTechWomen TechWomen50 Awards 2018
- .NET Foundation Member